Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

An observation




I was always fascinated by the paintings, the way strokes of the brushes changes the mood of the paintings. Every color in a painting has its own significance, brings its own peculiar message. A particular musical note arouses its peculiar emotion in the listener, similarly the colors do. I tried to analysed it explicitly. I took a lens and looked at my own painting. It was made up of small pixels, each pixel having its own identity by when combined together composed a painting. Digging it deeper, I realized its not the identity of the pixel that matters, it's their arrangement that matters. For this I wrote a small MATLAB code, split a picture into small squares and then randomly placed those squares. Picture was all gone, even though pixels were still there. It reminded me of famous John Nash's statement, 'best result in a group comes when everybody works what best for himself and the group'. If I apply same rules to the society I am living it, does it make sense? Each person, a pixel of the society is best in  himself but in a particular arrangement only can make this society beautiful. If each person is a note in himself, then this society can be a beautiful melody. Why it is not? these pixels are not arranged properly or the picture is not drawn properly?
I wrote another program, where a picture was taken and divided into small pixels and then after each second, the pixels are randomly picked and randomly placed. The beautiful picture once was again all gone and with time it grew worse.
I think that's what happened to our society and us. We the pixels chose our places wrongly and distorted the beautiful society. If I do what I want, I will do it nicely without complaining, but by doing, what society tells me to do, I am not the same pixel of the picture anymore.
That's a great problem, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT WE SHOULD DO AND WHAT SOCIETY TELLS US TO DO.
(to be continued...)

No comments: